Monday, February 22, 2010

Smoke Signals

For the record, if you look at the tags or labels used in the last post, you may see where I was going with this. I was pressed for time and broke the post into pieces, but I wanted to talk about the "Matrix Motif" and the emerging technological collective consciousness. I began thinking heavily about this back in January when I posted this slightly inaccurate comment very off the cuff on SecretSun (the computer was not "deep blue" but "deep thought").
I had since explored this idea in more and more detail, watching the push of virtual realities (everything from Farmville to Avatar) and the dichotomy of the Orwellian technocratic control mechanisms versus human enlightenment aided by our instant access to shared information. I wanted to say that technology is an unbiased tool that can be used to assist oppression or freedom, but the day after breaking my post, Chris Knowles got on air and said nearly the same thing. So, I suggest you listen to his fine comments and I can move on to other topics for the moment.

I'm sure I'll revisit this as it's on my mind more and more as of late, but I don't see the need to echo each other when there is so much to be said on so many topics. On the same note, you may also notice I had the tag/label "Fear vs. Love" - another topic that will be addressed in the future and which carries over in all my work anyway. But for now I direct you to Neil Hague on RedIce who says many of the things I intended to say (along with many things I don't agree with directly), but it's a damn good listen and a nice introduction to a lot of these topics.

I feel the need to add that hearing my words/thoughts come out of other people's mouths leads me to more questions in these areas anyway. Is this an effect of interacting with an electronic hive mind via the internet? Is it a sign of a singularity? I hope it's neither, since hive minds and a cosmic singularity are at odds with my support of Individualism within a united harmonic universe. But, it could also be a sign of emerging enlightenment - a vast tuning-in to higher truths. Synchronicity has been hitting me over the head like a pile-driver with increased speed and force this year - so there may be something to that. We shall see.



Smoke Signals:

So, where do smoke signals fit into all of this? Well, the Norway Spiral may very well have been one, as we discussed in the previous post. A smoke signal is a way of communicating something - it then falls on us to interpret the message. And, right about now, with the world in the chaotic state that it is in, we're getting some very mixed signals. Something big is happening and it probably won't be a simple black or white, good or bad, heaven or hell sort of deal. If hard times are ahead, may they inspire us to greatness in spite of the difficulties. Even if it is a bright new tomorrow that we are now on the dawn of, I doubt it will come without some serious birthing pains. Either way, we know at least part of the message these signals are trying to tell us: A challenge awaits.
After all, where there's smoke, there's fire.

We're witnessing the effects of this pot coming to a boil. The "divide and conquer" technique is in full effect. Violent acts such as the Austin IRS attack (pictured above) are going to be used to pass new restrictions on personal liberty. For the record, it doesn't matter if this was a false flag or not. I have seen a lot of evidence to suggest this is a fishy story, but I've also seen a lot of angry Americans. For the bigger picture here, the details are almost extraneous. (Though I do find it fascinating that he hit what was called the "Echelon" building.) Whether government sanctioned or merely provoked via propaganda, there will be more scenes like this one coming down the pike. On the international level, the same thing is happening. They're pushing hard to get a big fight going in the middle east. And I mean a bigger one than the Iraq-Afghanistan-Pakistan-Yemen-Somalia mess. Obama is tossing darts at the map and invading countries faster than even his predecessors could have wished for. But this is leading to something bigger. Can we wake up enough people in time to prevent such a disaster? My sad answer is "unlikely."

That doesn't mean we stop trying, mind you. The signals look as if they're progressing with the same speed - both positive and negative. Maybe we just have to get more people to pay attention to them.

The fortunes of fables are able
To sing the song
Now witness the quickness with which
We get along
To sing the blues you've got to live the dues and
Carry on

Carry on
Love is coming
Love is coming to us all

Where are you going now my love?
Where will you be tomorrow?
Will you bring me happiness?
Will you bring me sorrow?
Oh, the questions of a thousand dreams
What you do and what you see
Lover can you talk to me?
-CSNY, "Carry On"

Carrying On:

In the second Happy Creatures Podcast, we got into a conversation about the possibility of a shut-down internet. With the rise of the "cyber-threat" meme, this is something we should be thinking about. How would we communicate without the internet? This is where smoke signals have another lesson for us. Even if we are to lose our technology and access to the information that has brought us so far so fast, we can still communicate...if we get creative.

*Note: In the video, I suggest news being put on telephone poles.
I meant that in the way of circulating pamphlets and real news,
not in any way like the self-defeating and divisive
Obama poster campaign promoted by Alex Jones.

Now, whether or not Alex Jones is controlled-opposition
or just a well-intentioned yet misguided
truthful person, is not for me to say.
He spreads a lot of good info.
But he also mixes in
a lot of ugly and violent rhetoric.
not because I necessarily agree with that statement,
but because it does show how his
methods are self-defeating.
Take from that what you will.

1 comment:

  1. I don't believe Alex Jones is controlled opposition,unless by that you mean that "they" are keeping him alive because he isn't that big of a threat to them yet...like say John Lennon would have been at the time he got shot...or Martin Luther King for example.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails